TeNoWriMo

This is where you can talk and discuss things about and regarding Textnovel.com.

Moderator: takatsu

Re: TeNoWriMo

Postby Amber Dane » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:10 am

takatsu wrote:lmao oh my everyone has diff schedules. i think we just go with a month and then stick with it, whoever can join us can do so xP

I agree!
Amber Dane
TextNovel Author

Postby Saewod » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:19 am

Okay...someone pick a month.... LOL :D
Saewod
Aspring TextNovel Writer

Postby Athena Ramos » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:44 am

may! :P :lol:
Check out my story will you? :D it's currently no.1 in the light novel genre :P
The Ring of Mharb

And don't forget to visit my website :D
http://athenaramos.tk
Athena Ramos
TextNovel Author

Postby Frances Pauli » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:49 pm

I vote June or July, but Im in for trying regardless. As you learn from Nano (done in Nov..Can there BE a busier month?) you just find a way to make time and busy people are even more productive than those with time on their hands to spare. A weird paradox, but a true one.

So, will this fantastic idea be about word count? Or will it be post a chapter every day or possibly both? Post a min. 500 word episode each day?
What were you thinking? Id love to see it be about number of posts rather than a 50K thing, only because Nano already has the 50K thing and textnovel is
its own unique and beautiful thing.

I think it has the potential to be a really good event.

:-)
Frances
speculative fiction with a touch of romance...
http://francespauli.com
Frances Pauli
New TextNovel Writer

Postby takatsu » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:27 am

Yeah, i can't believe why they chose November. LOL.

I don't know about counting by chapters because that doesn't work for eveyrone. Each chapter maybe different lengths. I know my cell phone novel project for this TeNoWriMo willb e around 100-200 words per chapter... I think the only standard we can use for something like this is word count haha.

I wrote 50k In the past two months for my novel.

In a way, I'd love to do the same as NaNoWriMo but in our own community and at a different time.

Or maybe pick our own number?

I think it's pretty much only word count that can be a standard though.

Which month would be best though. It's drawing close to May, so we gotta get this set up.
I'd prefer some time in the summer summer lol August?
takatsu
TextNovel Author

Postby Athena Ramos » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:03 am

50k a month is too heavy -__- make it min 600 words in one chapter so in one month you get at least 18k words
or maybe min 700 words per chapter~
Check out my story will you? :D it's currently no.1 in the light novel genre :P
The Ring of Mharb

And don't forget to visit my website :D
http://athenaramos.tk
Athena Ramos
TextNovel Author

Postby Amber Dane » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:20 am

I'm not keen on the word count to a chap as it's different for all of us.
If we just settle on a month and number- everyone can do whatever word count works for them. More along the lines of writing month & then let each other know our word count an end of the month??
At this rate we'll never settle on a month or word count. Whoever decides to do it-can join and we get as much done as possible. Is that defeating the purpose, lol. Probably, but still some productivity will come out of it... :D
Amber Dane
TextNovel Author

Postby Amber Dane » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:14 pm

Should we try for next year?
Amber Dane
TextNovel Author

Postby Amber Dane » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm ready and have my novel idea ready to go-
We just need a consensus on late summer. :)
Amber Dane
TextNovel Author

Postby takatsu » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:39 am

yeah we got to get ourselves a commitment and a month haha

Well, the idea is that 50k is supposed to be unreasonable and seem so impossible. It's all about striving for an impossible goal to the best of our ability. It doesn't even matter if you can't actually reach it but it's about commiting to it and trying it, having faith and knowing that it is possible. Some people will finish it and be real proud of themselves bc they just did the impossible. Others will know they tried their best, and that this is actually quite a far off goal.

that said, it doesn't have to be 50k
It can be a range, like give it 20-50k?

But it's much more fun to say something impossible lol. It makes it fun, makes it unreasonable and challenging and at the end of the road, you'll end up writing a lot more words than u intended to in the first place. If you succeed then just wow. People calculate and check how many words they must write each day to meet the goal. 50,000 divided by 30 days is actually 1666.66 etc now 1000-2000 words doesn't seem so impossible anymore right? That is not alot at all. If committed and determined to write that much it is real do-able. 1000 words is only three pages on a normal letter sized paper (12 font) DOUBLE SPACED. thats only 1.5 pages. We can say 2 pages full of writing, single spaced. Given a good hour or two of non stop no editing, no thinking, just plain flow writing, you can definitely accomplish that.

XD they chose 50k because its reachable but is challenging at the same time
takatsu
TextNovel Author

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion